

I love this tag because it gives me a chance to talk about my favorite man in the world! There are five great runner-ups, but he's a hands down winner for favorite!
Where we met? Ted and I were introduced by his cousin Darrell & his wife Alice. Alice and I were in the summer musical and I was complaining about how boring life was now that I had graduated. Blind dates work out more than people realize!
How long we dated? We really clicked right from the start and less than three weeks later, we were engaged. Since I had graduated less than two months before and hadn't know him for very long, I told him we had to get a ring immediately because no one would believe me without it! We spent the next 3 months getting to know each other. On November 6th we'll celebrate our 27th anniversary. He's still my favorite person to hang out with!
How long we've been married? Almost 27 years. Wow! I still can't believe it's been that long.
What is my favorite feature about him? When I was getting ready for our first date I worried what shoes to wear. I always hated being taller than guys so I didn't want to wear something with heels in case he wasn't too tall. My mom said I'd better wear something flat because the Kings are short. She was thinking of Darrell. I was so relieved when I watched him pull his 6'3" out of his Bronco. So definitely my favorite feature is his height!
What is my favorite quality about him? My favorite thing about Ted is how much he loves me. He always puts me first. Even before the Aggies! And that's saying something. The boys always knew the fasted way to make their dad really mad was to disrespect me. Even know if I get my feelings hurt he's ready to step in and make it right. He'll even take me to Salt Lake for the weekend and spend the majority of the time at the mall helping me find some great bargains. I love clothes and definitely spend too much money on them, but I never buy anything that isn't a good deal. It takes a long time to find the best stuff at the best price and he didn't even complain. I think I saw him roll his eyes once, but never complaining.
What is his nickname for me? Ted calls me honey most of the time, babe occasionally and if I'm being a tease or a pest he calls me Cynthia Yonk, the little old lady that my parents named me after. I think that's my favorite one of all!
What is his favorite color? Any of you that knew Ted's mom know how much she loved pretty things and Ted is a lot like that. Right now his favorite shirt is a orange sherbet colored polo shirt. He also love pretty ties! Another carry over from his mom.
What is his favorite food? Ted's favorite food is without a question beef. Especially prime rib or a really good New York Steak. But, he also loves unique and different foods. When we go on cruises his favorite thing is to have the snails, duck ala orange, lamb with mint jelly, calamari . . . . . you get the picture. It's great because he can try a ton of new and different things without having to pay the big prices!
What is his favorite sport? Definitely Aggie football & basketball. The sport he enjoys playing the most is golf, but he'd much rather watch an Aggie ballgame even if we lose. He has started biking and loves to ride around Lewiston, Trenton, Cove, Franklin & Fairview. I tag along sometimes and left his draft pull me along!
What is our favorite thing to do as a couple? We love to travel together! Especially on cruises. Lately we've tried to take one a year. I love to go someplace warm especially during the winter. When we aren't travelling we love to eat out and then come home and watch a movie.
How many kids do we have? We have 5 sons, 1 daughter-in-law and 1 granddaughter.
What is his hidden talent? He's a great impersonator. Especially of Tom Jones. But he's too self conscious to show it in front of others. Only my family has ever seen his Tom Jones and it was a long time ago!
What do I admire most about him? Definitely his love for the gospel and his family. We definitely come first! He works so hard to take care of all of us and he's very reliable and dedicated in his church callings. I'm so grateful for the example he sets of a righteous priesthood holder and family patriarch. I love you honey!

5 comments:
Fun to read! I still have a lot to learn about Taylor, A LOT! I saw your note about Alex's birthday, I hope she felt special that day. Can't think of much else we could have done! It was fun! BettyCrocker.com for the butterfly cake:) Does Daren really have a bday coming? I miss you. Looking forward to Christmas time, hope we can all get together! Love you.
this was awesome to read i am so glad you did this. and it looks like we might have the same kind of camera i love my camera i just got it last year for christmas.
Hi Cindy! I just happened on to your blog from Brittney's! What a nice tribute to Uncle Ted. Did I read that Robbie is coming home soon? I'll have to send you an invite to our blog sometime. Do I have your email address? I think Brandon has recently connected with several of your boys through facebook. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and hope things are going well for you!
Cynthia Yonk I love that one every time I hear him say it. Now I'll know when your pushing his buttons. I am glad he loves you the way he does. ANd shoes for your first date... i will never forget his! I have no idea what you were wearing. Your a great match.
I loved reading about you 2. So many great memories came back reading it. Especially Tom Jones in Fort Bragg. hahaha!! You guys are the best! We love Aunt Cindy and Uncle Ted!!
Post a Comment