We have had a busy and eventful UEA weekend! Wednesday afternoon I cancelled piano lessons and Ted, Richie & I went to Ogden to watch Ty's Roy Junior High Razorbacks take on the South Junior High team. Richie's friend Sarah was on her way home for the weekend in Bountiful and she came too. The weather was beautiful and it was so fun to be there with family! Even though they lost, their strength and conditioning coach did a great job! After the game we went to Goodwoods on Riverdale Road for a delicious barbecue dinner. I had a Lasik revision on my right eye at 7:00 am in Ogden so we spent the night at Ty & Amanda's house. After they got the girls settled in and Newel fed they took off for a couple of hours and went to a movie. It was so great to spend that time with baby Newel and really get a chance to connect with him. It's different when you're his only option! He was a little fussy for 20 minutes or so but then he finally burped and settled down. He is so sweet!
Ted, Emorie & Eva on the hill watching the game.
Cindy, Emorie & Eva watching the game from the hillside.
Grandma King and Baby Newel
Grandpa Ted & Baby Newel. They were even color coordinated!
Ty and the rest of the coaching staff heading back after halftime.
Emmy & Eva were excited to go find their dad after the game was over!
Thursday morning we got my eye done bright and early then came back for yummy french toast with Ty and Amanda, their kids and Richie before heading for home. I spent the rest of Thursday relaxing while Ted and Richie went to the Aggie Big Blue Club lunch then Ted went to the cattle sale in Smithfield.
Friday morning I have a post op visit with Dr. Cromwell in Logan then we did a little shopping and had lunch at Winger's with Ty & Amanda, their kids and Richie. Ted and I were a little late because we got held up at Dillards, :-), and Emmy decided to hide from us under the table. Realizing this was what she was up to, I played along and said, "Where's Emmy?" She popped up from under the table and yelled "Surprise!" It was very loud! We thought it was pretty funny even though it was a little embarrassing!
After lunch we put the girls carseats into our car and the four of us headed home for the night. We went for a walk and played at the park, went to the farm with Grandpa to feed the heifers, gave the dogs a bath, watched "Finding Nemo", ate leftovers from lunch, gave the girls a bath, had scriptures, song and prayer and then read books.
Emmy & Eva after finishing their bath in Grandma & Grandpa's big tub!
Eva fell asleep during the stories and Emmy settled in good too! Ted and I watched TV upstairs for a while and I realized I was exhausted! Being a grandma and having fun is hard work! :-) I left Ted to finish his show and went to bed. The girls were sleeping in beds on the floor in our room and sleeping well. I woke up about 1:30 and realized Ted was snoring! I couldn't let him wake the girls up! So throughout the rest of the night I slept, woke up to him snoring, nudged him so he would stop snoring, went back to sleep. . . . . . again and again. About 4:30 Emmy woke up and started to cry so I brought her into bed with us. Ted said her feet spent a lot of time in his back. He decided that next time he'll sleep upstairs where he can snore all he wants and not have little girl feet in his back! :-) He's a great grandpa!
We tried and tried to get a picture of both girls smiling cute. This was the best shot of them together. However I cropped a picture of each of them from the others!
Thank goodness for Photoshop!
This morning we got up and had yummy whole wheat pancakes with strawberries and then I got to do that morning rite of passage that mothers of little boys never do. Curl their hair! They were very good! We met Ty & Amanda at Cafe Sabor' for lunch and then went to the Aggie game. I think the Aggie's must have been as tired as the rest of us because they didn't play very well. But we did have a great time!
Emorie
Eva
Tomorrow we have one last party with Ty and his family. It's their Primary Sacrament Meeting program so we're going down for church. Emmy and a couple of other 3 year olds are singing the second verse to "The Lord Gave Me A Temple" She does such a great job! I can't wait to see how it goes "for real"! Busy, fun times for sure!

No comments:
Post a Comment