Monday, May 11, 2009

Spring Has Arrived!



Earlier this spring a robin decided to build her nest directly over my front door. Since I knew this would be a huge mess, I knocked it down. Being a dedicate and persistant mother, she began again. I knocked it down. This continued for a few days then Amanda told me she heard if you move the wreath from the door into a tree it will lure them away. I tried it but it didn't seem to work as the nest building continued. Finally, she gave up and we cleaned up the muddy twiggy mess! Well on Saturday when we were working in the yard, a robin flew out of the pine tree in the front yard. I wondered what she was doing there and went to have a closer look. Low and behold, it had worked after all!! She had built her little nest right in the center of the tree and is currently sitting on 4 pretty robin blue eggs! I'm looking forward to seeing the babies hatch and grow up. I'm being careful not to disturb her too much but wanted to share a few pictures I was able to take. I think this means that spring is finally here!!!

2 comments:

5fords said...

Wow! I had no idea that the robins eggs were really that blue. So pretty. Looking forward to seeing the baby birdies!

Larissa said...

Great photography!