Thursday, August 21, 2008

Alaska!




Thanks to the generosity of Mom and Leland, Ted and I had the chance to cruise to Alaska with many of my siblings and their spouses. We sailed from Vancouver, BC to Anchorage, AK. Along the way we rode bikes through the rainforest in Ketchikan, ziplined in Juneau and did the "hike & float" in Skagway. We sailed for two days through the breathtaking Glacier Bay and College Fjord. Then we took the "Alaska Railroad" from Anchorage to Fairbanks with a stop in Denali Park. It was a new experience to be together without any kids! Although I'm sure the people who were around us probably thought we acted like a bunch of kids! We had a blast!

3 comments:

lesa said...

What a great picture...where is my brother, Kevin? I'm so glad you guys had such a nice time. I hope it works out for us to go together another time!

Cindy King said...

This picture was taken in Denali Park after Chris & Melanie and Kevin & Sandy had headed back home. Plus, I think he was behind the camera a lot more than he was in front of it! Is the regular for him?? We enjoyed having them along and for sure look forward to another joint vacation!

The Wagner's said...

Welcome to the world of BLOG! I'm so behind on mine...too many roadtrips!
That's the most I've seen about the trip! What a great group pic!
Thanks for doing Alex's hair Sunday. She's still talking about it. I think you really made her feel like a princess. Today was her first day of preschool! I can't stand it, she had a blast!
Loves,
Em